Dafna Talmon Curriculum Vitae
Water Tower Gallery, Nahariya, 2022
Maamuta, Jerusalem, 2021
Arad contemporary art center, 2019
Zumu III, Hatzor Haglilit, 2019
Member of "The Board" artists group, 2014-2016
Awards and Scholarship
2022 Local Testimony, “Urbanism and Culture”, 3rd prize
2020 Recipient of the Israeli Ministry of Culture ‘independent artists fund’ award
2020 Rabinovich Foundation for the Arts
2016-2018 Postgraduate Fine Art Program, Hamidrasha, Faculty of the arts, Beit Berl
2000-2003: Masters in Geography, Specialization in the Institute of Urban and Regional Studies, Hebrew University, Jerusalem. Institute’s Excellence Scholarship.
1995-1998: BA in Geography - extended degree, Tel Aviv University
2015-2016: Professional Photography Studies, Gavra school
2008-2009: Photography Studies, Zilum Baam
Born in 1972, Lives in Tel-Aviv, lsrael
2021 The Gift Project Tokyo, 2021. “Tokyo Biennale 2020/2021 SOCIAL DIVE Artist-in-Residence Projects”. Tokyo Biennale 2020/2021 General Director: Masato Nakamura
2021 MIC - Made In China. Municipal Gallery Kfar-Saba. Curator: Hagar Raban
2021 The Gift Car Tour. Wandering artwork, participatory performance across the country. Curator: Tali Kayam
2018 Flexibility Exercises. Postgraduate Fine Art Program Graduation Exhibition. HaMidrasha Gallery - HaYarkon 19. Curator: Nogah Davidson
2009 Markivim. Kastiel Gallery. Photography, poster media, multimedia. Curator: Moran Shoub
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Local Testimony, MUZA, Eretz Israel Museum, Tel Aviv. Curator: Leah Abir
- Double Jaffa, Zumu, Jaffa, Curators: Milana Gitzin-Adiram, Avshalom Suliman
- The Amazons from the Gaaton, Water Tower Gallery, Nahariya. Curators: Stav Even-Zahav, Maya Prat, Tarbut movement
- I Wish It Was a Joke, Adash group: Dafna Talmon, Irit Barel Basan, Sharon Azagi, Edith Kofsky. Binyamin Gallery. Curator: Hadassah Cohen
- Lifting the plug 4, In Collaboration with Noa Gross. Curator: Meital Manor
- "Artist Appointment", Cranes Festival, Jerusalem. Curator: Hadassah Cohen
- Tracing, 'Equalizing Matter' at 'Academic of Contemporary' residency program. Curator: Irit Popper Carmon
- The Dreams Collector. Zumu V, Lod. Curator: Milana Gitzin-Adiram, Shahar Ben-Nun, Bar Yerushalmi
- Lifting the plug 2&3, Curator: Meital Manor
- There, Zuzu Gallery, Curator: Rotem Ritov
- The Gift Project, Mekudeshet Festival, Jerusalem. Art director: Renana Raz
- Release from Digital Junk, performance. Print Screen Festival. Curator: Lior Zalmanson
- What the Matter wants? Givon Art Forum. Curator: Nicola Trezzi
- Truth Machine, In cooperation with Adi Kraus. Invitation to present at Postgraduate Fine Art Program Graduation Exhibition. HaMidrasha Gallery - HaYarkon 19. Curator: Nicola Trezzi
- The Gift Car project, Fresh Paint Art Fair, Tel-Aviv. Installation and performance. Curator: Ifat Gurion & Raz Shapira
- Zumu III, Hatzor Haglilit. Community-based art residency. Book and video. Curator: Milana Gitzin-Adiram, Ruth Oppenheim
- Midarom Festival, Ofakim. The Gift Project. Curator: Lilach Dekel-Avneri
- Pecha Kucha 21, Charles Bronfman Cultural Palace. Curators: Anat Safran, Itay Moutner
- Factory #5, Haifa Museum of Art
- NightLight Festival #5, Installation and performance. In cooperation with Anton Avramov
- Animal Affinity, Artist House, Tel Aviv. Curator: Anat Gorel-Rorberger
- Answers without words, Paragon Arts Gallery and Columbia River Correctional Institution, Portland, Oregon, USA. Curator: Anke Schüttler
- There is no place more exalted than my present refuge, Mamuta Center for Contemporary Art at the Hansen House. Video, In collaboration with Yoav Ruda
- Hypernormalisation. Binyamin Gallery. Curators: Hadassa Cohen and Mor Shmoshkovitz
- Provocative Art-light+. Office in Tel Aviv Gallery. Chief Curator: Rachel Sukman.
- Poland ↔ Israel. Video and object. In collaboration with Avner Pinchover. MOCAK Krakow, Poland. Curators: Agnieszka Sachar and Maayan Sheleff
- Abject Art. Central Gallery. Curator: Dan Furman
- Cotton Candy. Abraham hostel. Curators: Irit Barel-Bassan, Dafna Talmon, Sagi Levi
- One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman. Photos. A book that brings together women's artworks on femininity. Edited by Riki Cohen, published by Haggai Marom
2015 Lollipop. Gabirol Gallery. Artistic consultant: Eyal Vexler
- DEADLINE. "The Board" artists group. Merchav Art Space Gallery. Curator: Yuval Caspi
- Alfred XL. Alfred Cooperative Institute for Art & Culture. Curators: Gallery members.
- Secret Art, Mani House, Leumi Bank. Installation by "The Board" artists group. Curators: Esti Drori, Doron Pollack.
2013 Everybody. Maaze 9. Curators: Ruth Patir, Ira Shalit.
- Hurbanism. Riviera Gallery. Bat Yam. Curators: Tali Huldai, Sigal Kaskas.
- In the name of the Protest. Avihai house, Jerusalem. Curator: Hagai Segev.
- Mirror's life. Binyamin Gallery. Curator: Gilit Fisher.
2011 7 Zoom. Gate to the Negev Gallery, Beer Sheva. Curator: Goel Drori.
2010 Half an Acre in the Heart. Gross Gallery, Tel Aviv. Curator: Naomi Shalev.
2021 ISRAERU, Dafna Talmon Challenges Consumerism Through Her Art, and Has Brought it to Japan
2021 Portfolio, Hagit Peleg Rotem, Dafna Talmon’s Gift Car Tour (Heb)
2018 Portfolio, Yuval Saar, Dafna Talmon’s Liberation War
2018 Calcalist, Reut Barnea, The most promising graduates
2018 Portfolio, Hagit Peleg Rotem, Flexibility Exercises - Post graduates Hamidrasha
2018 ynet, Orin Weinberg, "I wanted to burn everything": the artist who gives you her personal belongings as a gifts