Dafna Talmon - Curriculum Vitae
2016-2018 Postgraduate Fine Art Program, Hamidrasha, Faculty of the arts, Beit Berl
2000-2003: Masters in Geography, Specialization in the Institute of Urban and Regional Studies, Hebrew University, Jerusalem. Institute’s Excellence Scholarship (final grade: 91)
1995-1998: BA in Geography - extended degree, Tel Aviv University
2015-2016: Professional Photography Studies, Gavra school
2008-2009: Photography Studies, Zilum Baam school
2005-2006: Writing workshop. Gabi Nitzan
2019 Residency, Arad contemporary art center, Israel
2019 Residency, Zumu III, Hatzor Haglilit, Israel
2019 Residency, Midarom Festival, Ofakim, Israel
2019 Pecha Kucha Tel Aviv. Curators: Itay Mautner, Anat Safran
2018 Residency at Kandinof house, Jaffa, Israel
2014-2016 Member of "The Board" artists group
Born in 1972, Beer-Sheva, lsrael. Lives in Tel-Aviv, lsrael.
2018 Flexibility Exercises. Postgraduate Fine Art Program Graduation Exhibition. HaMidrasha Gallery - HaYarkon 19. Curator: Nogah Davidson. flex-ex.co.il
2009 Markivim. Photography, poster media, multimedia. Kastiel Gallery. Curator: Moran Shoub. markivim.com
- Selected artist for “Social Dive Artist-in-Residence Projects!” in the Tokyo Biennale 2020, with The Gift Project, Tokyo.
- Recipient of the Israeli Ministry of Culture ‘independent artists fund’ award for The Gift Project Tour. Curator: Tali Kayam.
Selected Group Exhibitions
- Release from Digital Junk, performance. Print Screen Festival. Curator: Lior Zalmanson
- What the Matter wants? Givon Art Forum. Curator: Nicola Trezzi
- Truth Machine, In cooperation with Adi Kraus. Invitation to present at Postgraduate Fine Art Program Graduation Exhibition. HaMidrasha Gallery - HaYarkon 19. Curator: Nicola Trezzi
- The Gift Car project, Fresh Paint Art Fair, Tel-Aviv. Installation and performance. Curator: Ifat Gurion & Raz Shapira
- Zumu III, Hatzor Haglilit. Community-based art residency. Book and video. Curator: Ruth Oppenheim
- Midarom Festival, Ofakim. The Gift Project. Curator: Lilach Dekel-Avneri
- Pecha Kucha 21, Charles Bronfman Cultural Palace. Curators: Anat Safran, Itay Moutner.
- Factory #5, Haifa Museum of Art
- NightLight Festival #5, Installation and performance. In cooperation with Anton Avramov.
- Animal Affinity, Artist House, Tel Aviv. Curator: Anat Gorel-Rorberger
- There is no place more exalted than my present refuge, Mamuta Center for Contemporary Art at the Hansen House. Video, In cooperation with Yoav Ruda
- Hypernormalisation. Binyamin Gallery. Curators: Hadassa Cohen and Mor Shmoshkovitz
- Provocative Art-light+. Office in Tel Aviv Gallery. Chief Curator: Rachel Sukman.
- Poland ↔ Israel. Video and object. In cooperation with Avner Pinchover. MOCAK Krakow, Poland. Curators: Agnieszka Sachar and Maayan Sheleff.
- Abject Art. Central Gallery. Curator: Dan Furman.
- Cotton Candy. Abraham hostel. Curators: Irit barel-bassan, Dafna Talmon, Sagi Levi.
- One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman. Photos. A book that brings together women's artworks on femininity. Edited by Riki Cohen, published by Haggai Marom
2015 Lollipop. Gabirol Gallery. Artistic consultant: Eyal Vexler
- DEADLINE. "The Board" artists group. Merchav Art Space Gallery. Curator: Yuval Caspi.
- Alfred XL. Alfred Cooperative Institute for Art & Culture. Curators: Gallery members.
- Secret Art, Mani House, Leumi Bank. Installation by "The Board" artists group. Curators: Esti Drori, Doron Pollack.
2013 Everybody. Maaze 9. Curators: Ruth Patir, Ira Shalit.
- Hurbanism. Riviera Gallery. Bat Yam. Curators: Tali Huldai, Sigal Kaskas.
- In the name of the Protest. Avihai house, Jerusalem. Curator: Hagai Segev.
- Mirror's life. Binyamin Gallery. Curator: Gilit Fisher.
2011 7 Zoom. Gate to the Negev Gallery, Beer Sheva. Curator: Goel Drori.
2010 Half an Acre in the Heart. Gross Gallery, Tel Aviv. Curator: Naomi Shalev.